Monday, February 24, 2014

Merry Monday #97 - Use Aqua, Silver and White

Hey everyone, it's Monday and that means time for another fun challenge at Merry Monday!  This week's theme is to make a Christmas card using the colors Aqua, Silver and White.  There are so many gorgeous possibilities with this color combination!



I used my Cameo to cut the Santa and Sleigh out of white cardstock, then I sprayed him with a spray adhesive and covered him in Rock Candy Distress Glitter, that stuff is sooo pretty!  I used ink to create an ombre look on the patterned paper, then added the score lines.  I just love the way silver embossing powder looks, especially on vellum and it shows a little better below. :)



Here's the inspiration photo:



You can see all the details and gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team here.  Or stop by their blogs and give them some love:

Katie Melhus (you're here!)

and our Featured Designer for February:

I can't wait to see everyone's entries in the gallery this week, last week I was so impressed with all of the creations, you all rock, keep it coming!

Also playing along at the following challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge: D is for Die Cuts
Sparkle Creations Christmas Card Challenge: #13 Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by, keep it crafty!



19 comments:

  1. Katie, I love your sparkly Santa image and the sentiment embossed on the vellum! Great card! Have an awesome week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shimmery Santa! The score lines are the perfect touch to that beautiful paper....LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little Santa image is just too, too cute, Katie! And I love your ombre background. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a shimmery masterpiece, Katie!! Great job on capturing it on film - ha ha, listen to me, film! How old am I???? Anyway, you know what I mean. I love everything about this beauty!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Katie, I love the glittery santa and the sentiment on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so super cute, Katie!!! I love that shimmery Santa! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sparkly Santa and the vellum tag! A great card, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the design and the sparkling Santa is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning and I think the way you inked the paper is awesome. Love the sparkle on the cameo cut and the velum sentiment is so nice! Love that idea and need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card and the colors are beautiful!
    Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute and the embossed vellum is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many lovely details on this, Katie! The Cameo cut santa/sleigh is so sweet and I love the silver embossed vellum! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card, Katie! Love your glittery diecut and the embossed banner! You did beautifully on this challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Santa, Katie, and I love your ombre effect....very cool! And your embossed sentiment is BOSS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just love your Cameo Santa Katie. You have finished the card so beautifully with the scored lines, vellum sentiment and the twine bow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful take on the challenge :) love the inking

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully done! Love the scored lines & the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, that cut file is so nice! I just started using my new Cameo and love it. Will have to go look for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this card, the silver embossing looks great on vellum, I'll have to remember that! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete