Saturday, February 15, 2014

For My Valentine

Hey everyone!  I want to share the Valentine card I made for my husband.  I have to wait until after the big day so it doesn't ruin the surprise.  My card was inspired by this beautiful card by Melissa Cochran at CrazyPaperFreak.  Her style is AWESOME and if you haven't checked it out, you should!  Here's my card:


I also wanted to share the super sweet card he made for me.  He's not afraid to raid my supplies and make me a card because he says it's really hard to buy a cardmaker a great card.  He made a scratch-off card, and it was awesome, all the little red hearts scratched off lottery ticket style to reveal some super sweet messages.  Love it!


Playing along at these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Get Krafty
Less is More: Masculine
Just Add Ink: Just Add Stripes

Thanks so much for looking, keep it crafty!

Update:  This card was chosen as the WINNER at Just Add Ink! Thanks JAI!  I'm so excited *happy dance*!

18 comments:

  1. Katie, your card is gorgeous. LOVE the addition of blues. How sweet is your hubby? Thanks for sharing his card too. Glad you could join in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards... Love them!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cards really rocks masculine...and it's fabulous to boot. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super card and love the idea of your hubby making your card!
    Thanks for joining Less is More's masculine challenge this week
    Anne
    Guest "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie this is fabulous! I love your take on it. The banners are a nice addition. Thank you so much for the shout out. You are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby wouldn't even know how to find my craft room let alone create a card as fab as the one he may you! The card you made is absolutely fabulous. I love the realness to your timber fence and the graffiti initials is THE perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While you may have CASEd another designer, you have completely made this card your own with your colour scheme, banners and little heart addition. I love it. Such a great masculine Valentines. I love the card your husband made you too. How clever is he?! Thanks so much for playing at JAI this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card for your hubby is so sweet! Into my CASE file it goes! I think it's so sweet that he'd raid your supplies and make you a card! He's very creative and it's much better than anything he could buy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the washed wood fence, it's so different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute - great Valentines card for a man too. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  11. The detail of your paling fence is just beautifully done Katie. The graffiti is the sweetest touch! Your hubby's card is amazing and so inventive - you are a lucky lady! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, this card is fabulous! I LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE your card! The bright little banners are perfect on that awesome fence! You are one lucky lady to have such a creative hubby too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are so creative...and well done...Bravo to both of you...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Katie,
    great work on the fance. Looks fantastic. I like the blue banners as well.
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  16. I missed this beauty, congratulations on ur win :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Masculine card Katie, love those fence panels. Oh wow how clever is your OH making you a card like that too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete