Thursday, September 5, 2013

Muse #33 and Freshly Made Sketches #102

Today's card:




This card was inspired by this week's gorgeous card at Muse combined with this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  Laurie's card reminded me how much I love pink and navy blue together.  I decided to use the colors and the anchor element from her card, and I think this sentiment is perfect because a good friendship is like an anchor to what's really important during the times when the "seas" of your life may be rough.  I have a few of those people in my life, they know who they are!


This weeks Monday Muse card by Laurie Willison


Thanks as always to everyone on these sites for the amazing inspiration!  Keep it crafty :)

~Katie

Stamp set: Happy Every Day (Simon Says Stamp)
Cardstock: Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals,Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals (SU)
Misc: cut file "4 Travel Icons" (Silhouette Online Store), Midnight Muse stitched ribbon (SU),
Shaped safety pin (Basic Gray)

4 comments:

  1. I just love that anchor, Katie, and the fun polka dot embossed BG! What a wonderful use of the colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great CAS card! I love the color combo, and the embossing and cute anchor make for pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the Muse- clearly inspired, but also clearly YOU! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic! I love the colors and the texture of this! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete