Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Retro-ish card for the September Card Exchange

Here's a card I created for a monthly card exchange I participate in with some local crafty ladies.  I started out with the idea that I would try for something with lots of turquoise in honor of my Aunt Jeanie's birthday.  She's obsessed with turquoise! 

This one didn't exactly come together easily and I'm still not feeling it.  Sometimes you just don't have the mojo, but alas, we must press (or stamp) on!  I was even less happy when I realized I had just signed myself up to make 12 cards with 15 squares each that all need to be corner-punched twice. (I did the math and it was over 400 times, oops!) But all is well that ends well and it turned out with a kind of retro or vintage feel that I think is fun.

Also, I want to say congratulations to my friend Breelin at Craft-somnia Momma who has been recognized AGAIN for her awesome creations over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Go Breelin!  You are an inspiration!

Thanks for looking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment